Jan 1, 2013

New Year's To Do List

All the hype around this time of year is what will your New Year's Resolution be?? Well I don't really like New Year's Resolutions because I never follow through with them. I do however, live by a To-Do-List. I always seem to check things off one by one and it gives me a sense of accomplishment. So this year I thought why not continue to do what seems to actually work for me. I am going to make a New Year's To-Do-List! Some things will need to be done on a daily basis but some are just things that will need to happen once.

-Spend more time with Jesus daily

I know that my foundation is what helps be get through each day. This year more than ever I want to continue building my foundation and also for Ryan and I to continue building our foundation with Christ.

-Finish planning my WEDDING!

Most everything has been reserved/booked/deposit payed on. We are now down to the final small things to finish up. I am sure as time goes on more and more things will hit me that need to be done. For now I feel like my check list for the most part is under control. I also have an amazing wedding director who is also my advice giver and she is constantly helping me with "little things" I have not thought about. I hope things can work out how they are planned in my mind. I guess only time will tell.

-Do the Best Daily at my Job

I feel I strive for this most all of the time but I want to make sure to remind myself that this job is a Blessing and I need to treat it just as that. I love doing what I do, I love the people I work for, and I love Peak Campus....I want it to stay this way!

-Get Rid of Items and Don't Buy as Much

I have far more than I ever need or deserve. I want to make it a point to save more and buy less. Hey, they go hand in hand so I should not have a problem if I follow the rules! Plus Ryan and I are about to start our family together. I want to make sure that we are secure in paying our bills, not living out of our means, and saving for the future. I also don't want to start our life with a bunch of mess we don't need (insert the clean out/get rid of stuff here). I have no reason to buy more of anything other than selfish want. My closet is bulging, I don't need another book-movie, or anything else for that matter. With all of this being said I am going to ask myself every time I go to purchase something...Do I Really Need This???

-Live By A Budget

I will say that my budget is really just a Save this amount and tuck it in your Savings account type budget. I really do want to map out a budget this year and live by it. I still want to tuck back a certain amount each month into my savings but I really want to set limits for myself with spending. I think this is the only way to do it for me because I'm a spender and I know it.

-Exercise More

I travel a lot with my new job. Since moving to Atlanta I have not made time to go exercise like I was doing back in Tuscaloosa. I want to get back in this habit. I am not saying by any means do I like it but it is something I need to do to better myself. So with that said I am almost ready to check this one off the list. I am going to start doing a program called Walk Away The Pounds. You can do this from the comfort of your own room or hotel room! It is a video that allows you to walk to get your exercise in and to shed some pounds. I am excited about this especially since I can also do it while traveling.

-Take time to enjoy life

I can honestly say that last year was such a whirlwind for me. I did not make much time to enjoy my life. I think we all need to take time for ourselves with no cell phone, no email, and no interruptions. If we do not take time to enjoy life we will work ourselves to death. I want to make a point to take a little time for myself this year.

-Did I mention GET MARRIED?!

This is pretty exciting and I can't wait for my special day to be here! This is one item I can't wait to check off my list! I am looking forward to becoming a wife, learning how to cook (I think), learning how to live with another person who is not Amy Byrd, and most of all having my best friend by my side every day...well when I'm not traveling. I know it is going to be a lot to get through and it will be a learning experience but I am looking forward to this time in my life!

There are so many other things I could add to my TO-DO-LIST but these are the current most important. I am sure it will be a never ending list!


HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment