Dec 28, 2012

Another Year Has Come and Gone

It is crazy to think that yet another year has flown by. I used to remember my parents along with other adults tell me to live it up while you can because time will fly by. Boy were they right. I am now on my third year of being out of college. Only one more year (2014) until my 10 year class reunion. CRAZY.

2012 has been a year that I will always remember. There are some years that some things stick out but this year there were so many HUGE changes I don't know how I can ever forget it.

Serving as Ladies of The Houndstooth President was such a great experience for me. I love The University of Alabama and all that it stands for. Being able to do community service projects for the Tuscaloosa Community on behalf of the Alumni Association was a great feeling. I will forever be a part of UA and hope that I can always guide people to my home away from home.



I celebrated and year with Lankdmark Properties ...The Retreat at Lake Tamaha. This was a big deal for me. I have had part time jobs in college that lasted for a long time but this was my first Big Girl job that I celebrated a year with!

I also celebrated a year of dating Ryan! I know, really this sounds like a middle school girl talking. However, when you are excited about the future and the possiblity of forever it really is a special date to remember.



I became ENGAGED!!! You see that year with Ryan was important after all. It only took me 27 years to find Mr. Right but I'm sure glad I had the patience to wait on THE ONE. He is so good to me that I can't even put it into words. He makes me laugh all the time....which is one of my favorite things about him. Get ready as these next few months fly by, this blog will be letting you know all about my wedding planning. May 25th will be here before you know it.



I took a new job with Peak Campus!! This was a really really big decision for me. I had never left my comfort zone. Sometimes I think change is good and I know this was a great decision for me. I love the company, people, and what Peak stands for. I have always said when you can wake up every morning not dreading to go to work then you have found a great thing!



With my new job required moving to Atlanta. Let's just say this was the HARDEST thing I have ever done. I have lived in Alabama for 27 years and to be honest I really could care less if I ever left. In 2004 I moved to Tuscaloosa for college at The University of Alabama but that was still only an hour and a half from home. I shed a few tears, but I packed those boxes and made a move for my carreer and my future. I can't help but be proud of myself for the carreer I have worked hard for in these 3 short years. I also am proud of myself that I was willing to give up what was comfortable to better myself. I learned a lot about myself during this time. I am capable of doing anything even if it invloves risk. On a side note Atlanta traffic will NEVER become my comfort zone!



I turned 27. Don't know how excited I should be about this :( Each year gets closer and closer to 30. Here we go again ...where did my college days go? GEEZ Taking naps between classes, hanging out on mom and dads money, no "real" bills, those were the good ole days.

 
I spent my first Christmas is 27 years away from my parents. Ryan and I started our new normal this year. Thanksgiving with my family and Christmas with his. We are both from Alabama but with us both having to travel from another state there is just no way to squeeze both sets of parents in. So for now possible forever this is how we will do this!

I am sure there are many other memories that I can't even think of now. These are the ones that made the biggest impact. Take time to think of the moments that impacted your 2012. It's so nice to go back and think of the things that brougth a smile to your face thoughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment