Feb 24, 2013

Long TIme Gone

My oh my have I been gone for way to long. It is peak leasing season during this time of the year so being busy does not even describe my life right now. I have been to North Carolina, Florida, Louisiana, and Tennessee all in three weeks time . Tomorrow I head off to Mississippi until Friday and then to Alabama for our second wedding shower on Sunday!

On my trip to North Carolina I have the pleasure of traveling with my boss Jessica. It was such a great experience to be able to talk with her, travel with her, and learn more of what she does. We were able to see three of our properties that are in North Carolina over three days.

A few weeks ago I mentioned going to Gainesville to see a property and look into the market. Well our company is now managing that property in Gainesville. I went back to help with the transition team. It was so fun to be with several of my co-workers throughout the week and learn more about them. We have properties from Florida to California so sometimes you get to work with people you hardly ever see. I love getting to know my co-workers and pick up on their tricks of the trade. It was a great take over and I learned a lot for the future.

One of our newest properties is in Baton Rouge. Now those of you that know me know I love The University of Alabama. The thought of Baton Rouge is a sin!! I will say after going there for a week my thoughts have changed for the better! I had a wonderful time helping market around campus as well as helping with their Reveal Party. This trip made me re-live being on site and hosting an event. I was exhausted after a full two days of events. I started thinking about how I made it in the past without killing over. It was a blast and we had an amazing turn out. When an event is a success it makes it all worth it.

Now on to Tennessee. Ryan as you know is a college football coach. Some of the things that come along with the territory is being asked to speak at different clinics and events. He has asked me to hear him before and it has never worked out. Well this weekend I made sure I came to hear him. Let me tell you I have no clue what one thing he said meant but I sat through it with about 100 other men. I get Fiance of the year! We also got the wedding sports coats picked out FINALLY....a HUGE check mark off my to do list!

Another huge thing that we are wanting to ave nailed down before we get married is finding our Church. For both of us it is very important that our relationship is built around Christ. Ryan has been trying different Church's and found one that he thought would be good for us. This morning we were able to both go together. The main Pastor was not there but it was still great. I can't wait to go back and hear the main preacher. I am hoping we are that much closer to having the BEST decision made for our marriage. I want to be able to jump right in and form relationships and be able to serve again.

Life has been a whirlwind here lately but I don't expect it to slow down anytime soon!! It's busy time at work and wedding time is right around the corner!

Oh and on a really happy note I am down 14 pounds in my weight loss. I have a lot more to go by the wedding but so far I am thrilled!! It is so encouraging and makes me want to keep going. I'll be sure to keep you posted on my progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment