Feb 9, 2013

Day of Love

I consider everyday that I get to spend with Ryan a special one. I know that sounds cheesy but we unlike a lot of couples do not get to see each other but about once every 2 weeks if that much. He treats me like a queen at all times. I ask him all the time why does he love me so much? I know I am a handful at times!!! I am thankful that he does because I have never been treated as wonderfully by anyone in my life. He is the most thoughtful man I have ever met.

Ignore these eyes we have going....it is a work in progress for me. I am really trying to help him keep his eyes open in pictures. It's a bigger task than you think.

Last weekend we had our first wedding shower as you all know. Well we also did Valentine's because we will not see each other again until the end of the month, possibly not until March 3. Trust me it's not my favorite but we are making it work while we have to.

I have been working out and eating healthier since the new year began. I told Ryan that instead of flowers, chocolate, or really bad food I really wanted a FIT BIT. He looked it up called me and said wait you want THAT little thing?? I laughed and said yes. My co-workers Heather and Brittany both have one and I love seeing how they use it. Let me explain a FIT BIT is an all in one pedometer, calorie counter, activity log, food log, mile counter, and fitness aid. You can link it with your iphone and with your computer. I also use an app called myfitnesspal and it uploads the calories you burn automatically for you.

Needless to say of course my Prince in Shining Armor came through with a FIT BIT!!! Yay I am so excited and have been using it like crazy, The average person is supposed to walk 10,000 steps a day. Do you know how hard that is? I never dreamed it would be so difficult but if you sit at a desk all day like me it really is much harder than expected. I love it because it encourages me to make sure I am walking as much as possible. The last thing that I want to say about it is you can compete with your friends on who gets the most steps in a day/week/etc. It really is fun to have accountability with your friends and co-workers.

 I could not believe he actually had a bag and tissue paper. The very first gift swap we ever had he just sat on it to hide what he was going to hand me. No paper, no bag, no nothing!
Here she is my pride and joy of the moment!

I also asked that while in Tuscaloosa for our shower that we go to Hokkaido one of my favorite Japanese Steakhouses. I used to not eat that type of food and then I went there and was sold. Ryan has never eaten that kind of food so he really was not excited but said he would take me. We ended up having our Valentone's Dinner with several of our friends!!! It could not have been any more perfect. I love that Ryan is so easy going, loves hanging out with my friends, and could care less that our Valentine's Dinner was spent with them. He is so happy to spend time with me in any way, shape, or form.

After dinner we went and hung out at a local place called Moe's. They had a live band which our friends Rob and Shelby love.

 Why yes, that is Shelby taking Ryan for a little spin on the dance floor...LOVE IT
Here the three of us are. There were more people I just did not have my camera out very much which is shocking.

Finally I want to show just one of the examples of how thoughtful Ryan is. He ALWAYS gets me a card for everything. I NEVER buy cards which you would think it would be the other way around. Anyway, I have personally had to go shopping with him to get his mom a card and it is an act of congress. He takes so much time out to find the perfect one. I know it is no different for me. Please read this card that pure made me tear up. Such a sweetie.





My day of LOVE is not just February 14th it is everyday that I get to spend/talk with Ryan.

Just FYI ...I did give him 3 seasons of DALLAS and lots of his favorite candy. Yes, he is my Paw Paw. He was happy as he could be.


HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY to all of you Lovely Readers out there. I will be gone to Gainesville, Florida for work all this week so I want to make sure I get the chance to tell you all!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet/cute! Cards are my favorite. If they come through with cards- gifts dont even matter! Praying for you during this time away from your honey!

    ReplyDelete