Jan 17, 2013

From Sunny to Snow

I just spent the last 4 days in Orlando Florida for a Leadership Conference with my company. I love the company I work for and I love trips like this where we are all together. I am the "new girl" so the more I get to meet people the happier I am. I love building relationships with people. As a matter of fact I remember in my interview I told the President of the company that was the number one thing I loved about my job ...building relationships. I think to be successful in any area of life you have to get to know people on more than a hey how are you basis. Getting to know everyone's story really is amazing to me. Ok so enough about how much I love meeting people!!

On the first night we were in Orlando we had a vendor fair. Numerous business's team up with Peak each year for different reasons. You have to have different vendors on call at all times in the student housing industry because you never know what will happen! This night is a way for the Vendors to say Thank You for using us here are some goodies now please keep calling on us!! Lets just say I love Tervis Tumbler cups and one vendor gave me a set of 4...SCORE!


Even with amazing food like this all week...I did so good. 


The second day we had half a day of leadership sessions and then the rest of the day free. We could do whatever we wanted and our company gave us $75 as happy money. I don't know of many companies that do amazing things for their employees like Peak does. To say I am thankful/grateful for my job is an understatement. I have never been to Disney World in my 27 years of living. I have always heard of how great it is so I made that my activity for the free time. Several of my other co-workers wanted to go as well. It was so much fun and I am so happy that we got to experience that together. I loved Cinderella's Castle and the light show with fireworks at the end of the night. I will say that I am so glad I went but I still love my childhood memories at Dollywood.












Let me insert that walking through Disney I sweated like crazy. It was 83 everyday down there and in Atlanta is was sleeting. Yes from Sunny to Snow.

The final full day we had a guest speaker, break out sessions, as well as the Annual Black and White Ball. This is where each year Peak gives out its awards for the properties, manager's, and employees that went above and beyond that year. I am so proud of my East Coast properties. They racked up on the awards this year!

My amazing Boss Jessica

One of my Wonderful East Coast Property Manager's

Some of us Corporate Office Ladies


Finally....Peak is very involved in employee wellness. We will begin the Biggest Loser Contest on January 27-May 24th! I am so excited and I am looking forward to winning some money!! This is a huge encouragement to me to get Hott Bride Ready. Tomorrow is once again weight in day. So far I am down 3.3 pounds I want to get over the 5 pound hump...wish me luck.



1 comment:

  1. Yay for Disney and yay for eating well even with all of the delicious temptations!

    ReplyDelete