Jul 11, 2010

Life Lately!

My does the time fly by. The last time I updated this blog was in March ....I seriously only thought it was a few weeks ago. Needless to say there has been so much going on that it will take me a while to catch up the world on the life of LALA! I will try to give the CLIFF NOTES version!

First of all I GRADUATED from THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA!!!

Photobucket

and these 2 people could not be happier! Their checkbook finally gets a break!

Photobucket

She read through the whole thing....but she is a BIG part of this Woman's life and who I am today!

Photobucket

I also started working the Monday after I graduated with Sealy Realty in Tuscaloosa! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job and I am so BLESSED to have it!


I took a trip with a few of my girls to Atlanta for the 4th of July! We just wanted to get out of Tuscaloosa for a few days. The original plan was to go to Chicago and then my car was flooded in a rain storm here is Tuscaloosa. Crazy huh? It's ok everything happens for a reason....or at least I am telling my self that everytime I try to make a turn in my dad's work truck. I have not mastered the "don't hit the curb" part!

Photobucket

Land of the Brave and Home of the Free...Thank you Military for all that you do for us!

Photobucket

Nothing like a little 3-D FIFA Movie..and we don't even really like soccer.

Photobucket

Yes she is my roommate, one of my best friends, but most importantly she is my sister in Christ and I am blessed to have her as a part of my life!

So I guess the most EXCITING things that have been going on in my life are with my Church! As many of you know I have been attending Church of The Highlands for some time now. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Church, Church Family, and everything about it! I think if you ever find a home in a Church that you are always challenged, can grow spiritually, and have a family that you can go to with anything then you have accomplished something that will forever change your life. With all that said I am PROUD to say that for the first time in my life I am a MEMBER of a Church Family. I became a member on Father's day June 20th. I am so EXCITED about this and the impact that it is going to have on my life!

http://www.churchofthehighlands.com/
Check it out..you can also watch sermons online!

Also this summer for the first time I went to a small group that I was not leading. I LOVE leading small groups because you have the chance to talk and pour into others like never before. Well this summer I decided to just attend and not lead. I am so happy with my decision. It is a group of 8 AMAZING women and we are reading the Beth Moore book "So Long Insecurity You Have Been A Bad Friend To Us." Let me tell you YOU HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK! I am amazed more and more with EVERY page that I turn. Even more it is so amazing to me that 8 women who don't know each other can come together through Christ and open up about things you would not even tell your best friend. This small group is healing women and setting them free from baggage and insecurities that they have been holding onto for years.


Photobucket

With this said the Lord is opening up my eyes to things that I have known my entire life. However, he is showing me that more and more I settle for things that he did not even intend to be a part of my life. Yes, it hurts to let go of these things but if it is not of the Lord then I don't need it in my life anyway. Many of my insecurities are obviously involved with men but there are many other things that I am seeing through this book that I need to work on. Funny Paster Chris said to us today in Church that in order to start the process of getting close to God we must ask him to SHOW ME....Show us who we really are so that we can begin working on the things in our life that need to be removed. Not only do we have to work on the problems we have to LET GOD tell us what to do to work on...not just us try to fix the problems on our own. That is the problem to begin with. We try to fix all the things in our life instead of let the Lord work on them.

Throughout this message the thoughts going through my head were "TRUST ME, DON'T DOUBT ME...TRUST ME AND I WILL DO THINGS THROUGH YOU AND IN YOU THAT YOU NEVER IMAGINED" I am ready God... SHOW ME ....USE ME....and LET ME TRUST YOU WITH EVERY OUNCE OF MY BEING!

As you can probably tell I am so excited about the things taking place in my life. I have been going through a dry spell I guess you could say in my relationship with Christ. Not that I stopped loving him and wanting to have a relationship with HIM. Just it was hard for me to open my Bible, and hard for me to do the things I know help build my relationship. Well I think its over and I am so excited about it. Satan will always try to pull us down with BAGGAGE and INSECURITIES. MY GOD IS BIGGER than he is. THE ENEMY HAS BEEN DEFEATED and I am SECURE in my FATHER!

Until next time and I can PROMISE it will not be this long EVER again.....Try Trusting in the Lord....He has BIG BIG plans for each and every one of us!

Blesses Beyond What I Deserve,
Lara Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment