Nov 22, 2009

Flush Wipe Flush Wipe....Feliz Navidad

Since it is the time of year to be giving thanks .....I am so thankful for many things in my life. One of those things being my amazing friends. I was once told a quote that said "If you have one true friend in life then you are blessed." Well I am so happy to say that I have more than one true friend. This weekend I did not feel so great. Even though I did not feel well it was a memory filled weekend. I did not make it to the game because I was running a fever but I got up and went to the concert. I could not miss this show no matter how bad I felt and I'm so glad I went.

For starters I have been without a cell phone for a couple of days now. As many of you know this is KILLER for me. Something as simple as going over to Lauren and Leigh Anne's to borrow their phone is something I should not take for granted. It's something small but I am so grateful for the friends I have. People defiantly come into our lives for a reason. These little Georgia Peaches always brighten my day. I sure am glad their parents raised them right and taught them the meaning of BAMA Pride!!!

Paige also came into town this weekend. We miss our Paige a lot now that she is not in Tuscaloosa. It's always great on game weekends because we get to see her. This weekend we also had concert tickets to go see Jamey Johnson and Randy Houser. It was WONDERFUL!!! Nothing like a bunch of BAMA people joined together for a country music concert. You never know what you might see. At one point a KY guy got so excited over Jamey that he thought it would be a wise idea to throw his shirt across the Alabama Theater. I don't know if the events planner at the Alabama Theater quite knew what they were signing up for when the closet thing to Hank Jr. wanted to come to town. I guess the KY guy forgot that it was 20 degrees outside. I'm sure that was a fun ride home!! We also had to evict someone during the show for smoking pot. Keep it classy .....Keep is classy.

Before the concert we went to have a little dinner at Crazy Cajun's. Let's just say Princess Paige is hard to please when it comes to food. The spicy ranch was more than she could handle along with.....EVERYTHING else they had!

On the way home Amy and I talked away....Princess Paige was about gone. We finally get back into Tuscaloosa we stop to get something to drink at the McDonald's drive-thru. I turn the radio station and out of the backseat we hear FELIZ NAVIDAD as loud as can be. Well lets say if you ever want to make the Princess happy crank up the Feliz Navidad!!

We laughed and laughed this weekend over different things that are unique about us all. These are the memories that will last forever. I'm so thankful that the Big Man Upstairs has a plan for each and every one of us. I am so glad he placed each and everyone of us in Tuscaloosa Alabama when he did. So as Thanksgiving draws near one thing I am very thankful for are the friends that I have made throughout my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment