Jul 15, 2009

Cupcakes make me SMILE

This morning I went to Opry Mills Shopping Center to record an interview and some concert footage of a new up and coming country artist Katie Armiger. It was kind of cool we did the interview in the lounge of her tour bus, so it was a nice change of scenery. Katie is the first country artist to ever do a mall tour, it was different but I liked it! Last nights "Songs For A Cure" was a hit. The songwriters did amazing as they always do and a HUGE crowd came out to support the cause. I got the massage of a lifetime if only I had more than 8 dollars. It was a dollar a minute and all the money went to cancer research. 8 dollars are you kidding me ...that is what we get for technology aka DEBIT CARDS. Since our week has been so busy and we have had lots of late nights my boss let me off early. Im pretty excited about it, instead of typing from an office desk this blog is straight from the bed! As many of you know that USED to be my favorite place.



Once I got back into Spring Hill I went to an amazing place that makes me think of my second mother called GiGi's cupcakes. I love their cupcakes but today I went to meet a new friend who I first saw play at the Bluebird Cafe. I love to talk to anyone as all of you know and I found 2 sisters who did not seem to mind! Leslie Martin of the group Winfields Locket and I met up to start a new friendship. It was great of course. I was talking to my friend Abby last night and I told her about going to hang with Leslie. I told her in life I think Christians just stand out and that their is something different about us. By that I mean anyone can be nice but there is just something about Christians that you know its real. Well the minute I spoke to these girls I knew they were way more than just AMAZING singer/songwrites. I knew they were girls that I could see myself forming a great friendship with! Today was the start of that friendship and once again I am so thankful that I could be blessed with yet another friend! Leslie has one of the sweetest hearts and made my day numerous times by here sweet compliments. I can't wait to have a dinner date with bith the Martins next week sometime. Also Im planning on going to their show this Saturday in Gallitin at Decades on the Square. Come out and join us if you are in the area.

Ok I know I know.....I talk to much
Lara Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment