Jun 21, 2013

Lead me to YOUR Choice

On September 27, 2012 I knew some big things were in store for my life. I had interviewed with an AMAZING company and could not pray hard enough that I would get the job (I did!!).  If I got the job or not, it was still a start to getting even more serious with Ryan. You see I knew there was something special about him and I wanted to be closer to him in hopes that one day we would be together forever. Little did I know, he was so serious that I got ENGAGED that night when I got home!!!

The night he proposed! 

Now that the ring was on my finger job or no job there were for sure some big things in store for my life! I have shared in a previous post about how I never dreamed it would happen to me. I mean i guess I knew in the back of my mind that I would eventually find someone. I just had started to doubt that anyone good was coming along. That is my BIGGEST mistake....don't ever doubt God and HIS timing!! He brought me the perfect man for me at just the right time.

Fast forward to getting ready for our wedding.....

When we were talking with our Pastor about how we wanted the ceremony it was very important to me for us to have him talk about God's timing. Ryan and I are both a little older compared to the ages our parents were when they were married. We both know that we are the age we are because God was not finished preparing us to be husband and wife yet. I think the generation we live in is so rushed and in a hurry they forget that God is preparing us each and every day. He is getting us ready for life, a future husband, leading others to Christ, planning our future, the list could go on and on. When we don't live on HIS time table we begin almost try to play God....and that is HIS job and HIS job only. It really messes things up when we don't do things on HIS time table. I look back all the time and think yep, now I know why that did not work out God. It was not part of your plan.

I say all of this in hopes that you have looked at my wedding post. It was my dream wedding! The day could not have been more perfect!! I am almost positive you can see how happy I was in all the pictures. So if only one person gets the message of WAIT ON GODS TIMING then this post is worth every word. Don't force a relationship that is not meant to be. Don't stay in a relationship that is not of the Lord. No matter what wait and you will be BLESSED far more than you could ever dream. A "Ryan Locke" will come along and make you feel like you are the most amazing woman he has ever met. He will treat you with respect and like you always knew you could be treated. He will put you before himself. You WILL be the most beautiful woman in the world in his eyes. You know what else? He will want to spend forever with you for all the RIGHT reasons and because he is truly in LOVE with YOU.

I mentioned in the wedding post that I would share our Vows. Ryan was nervous to go away from traditional vows because he was so scared he would mess up the words. Let me say it was the best decision for us to do non traditional vows because it was more fitting for us. I will forever live by the words we said to one another.




I, RYAN, take you, LARA ELLEN,  to be my lawfully wedded wife.  I promise before God and these witnesses that I truly love you,  becoming one with you as God has ordained. I will pursue God first while keeping you beside me. I will be a husband who is first humbled by God's love for us and your love for me. I promise to hold your hand through all the trials of life, whether in sickness or in health, for I know our God is bigger than us.  I promise to place your needs before mine in all areas. I promise to be the person who you can depend on everyday that we live. I promise to pray for you and with you and to initiate times of prayer by being your spiritual leader. I am glad to have a Godly woman by my side and I am honored to become your husband. 

I, LARA ELLEN, take you, RYAN, to be my lawfully wedding husband. RYAN, I love you. I prayed that God would lead me to His choice. I praise Him that today His will is being fulfilled. Through the pressures of the present and the uncertainties of the future,  I promise my faithfulness, to follow you through all of life's experiences as we follow God, that together we may grow in the likeness of Christ and our home bring praise to Him. As your helper, I will respect you and pray faithfully for the direction in which God will take us. I will support your goals and dreams and help you fulfill them, and I will challenge you to reach your full potential in God. I will always be your biggest encourager. I have seen your love for God and your desire to serve Him,  and I am truly blessed to have you love me as well. I am so glad that you are my best friend, and I am honored to become your wife. 




Just remember God is preparing your Prince Charming. Don't rush his process, let it happen is his timing.

Thank you Jesus for your PERFECT timing! I could not be more THANKFUL and BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment