Jan 9, 2013

We're not in BAMA anymore

I love traveling with my job. I have been able to go to some places that I would have never gone to without a reason to. Yes, I'm extremely tired when I get back from all trips but it's so worth it. Currently I am on a trip to Gainesville. I have wanted to come here to see Bama play but never had the chance. I was so excited when I heard I would be traveling here. Let's just say I knew when I had arived when I got off the plane....

I will admit I do not like the colors Orange and Blue together. Other than that, I really like Gainesville. It is a great town with a lot of things to do. If you like food they have plenty of options....the ones of us trying to eat healthy are jealous! I made do and so far have ordered Talipia, lots of salads and only eaten half the crust on a slice of thin crust pizza. I scraped the topping off and ate them. It was all delicious!

The campus is one of the largest I have ever seen. It is spread out for miles. I have no idea how students here don't feel lost. I told a co-worker I would need a personal helper to get me to all of my classes. Scooters are EVERYWHERE. I have never seen so many in one place. I found out they all use them #1 classes are so far apart and its a hike #2 the get to park on campus for free!

No matter where you look there will be a beautiful mossy tree! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these trees. It makes me feel like I am down by the river back home. There is so much moss I am wondering if this is where Hobby Lobby comes to get theirs???

Have I mentioned it's 70 degrees here. The weather has been great. I just wish I could throw on some shorts and flip flops. Too bad my job title does not allow that! The students here are sure soaking it up!

So far my trip is going amazing. I have lots of pictures to show but for some reason my computer is not letting me upload them. Once I get home I will make sure that is the first thing I do!! I want all of you to see my journey through Gainesville!

2 comments:

  1. 70's? That sounds amazing! Darn that good food when you're trying to eat healthy. I'm trying to do the same.

    ReplyDelete